"Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."E.L. Doctorow

Saturday 22 August 2009

Need Inspiration




Sometimes you forgot
About things you need to do
You get so caught up in everything
You forget everything too

Then you realise the date
And suddenly you're in a flutter
Your memory must be on the break and
Your brain must be waxed with butter

You try to start your piece
But something isn't right
The inspirations not coming to you
You need a different light

So what do you do when the inspiration
Just don't wanna show?
And not only that, the time is ticking
and nobody seems to know

Well now I'm telling my big dilema
and I hope that there'll be help
Please, Please give some inspiration
Don't make me howl and yelp!

Okay, I forgot all about a writers night and I need to write something quick! I'm going to write a poem. What should I write it about?

Memory-lessly,
Tigerlily

3 comments:

  1. Eeeyikes!
    I really am losing me memory! I would really appreciate it if somebody (alexandra - hint!hint!) helped me out with some inspiration for my poem.

    Tigerlily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. You could read it out coz then you'd have a poem that actually talks about it (WHAT WRITERS NIGHT???). Other than that, I got nothing. Maybe nature?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Took you long enough to respond! Because you were so "busy" you posted a comment for nothing. Writers night is tonight. I already made a poem. You should read it when I post it up- its about Global Warming. Thanx anyway

    Tigerlily

    ReplyDelete