"Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can see only as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way."E.L. Doctorow

Monday 14 December 2009

Lights out


The sun has set
The night is near
I start to sweat
Darkness is here
I know what will happen
It's happened before
My feet will feel chilly
My head will feel sore
I toss and turn
The blankets feel itchy
My chest, it burns
I kick them off quickly
Its quiet, too quiet
Theres no one awake
No way to get by it
I start to shake
I'm alone, in the night
and I can't get to sleep
This feeling's not right
I've tried counting sheep
Tears prick my eyes
but I push them back fast
I'm not going to cry
Soon this feeling will pass
I start to feel tired
My eyes start to close
My wake has expired
and I finally go...
I hear the birds sing
The sun is up
The light that it brings
Is sweet as syrup
Goodbye to this feeling
Until another night
For day time is healing
And now I'm alright

No comments:

Post a Comment